Thursday 1 March 2012

Technique Swap on ILWS


I have recently taken part in a technique swap on In Love With Stamping and I didn't have room on the sample for the instructions or recipe so I am going to place it here.


Hi ladies,

Hope you have received the samples and have enjoyed looking through them, I know I am looking forward to receiving them and having a go at each of them.  I chose 'masking' as my technique and have shown the two ways I know of using this techique.  Below are the finshed samples of the two methods.









In the first photo above, masking is used when you want to add perspective to your image. 

First stamp the image that you would like in the foreground, here it is the bird from the 'Sweetheart' stamp set.
                                                                                                                      

Next stamp the same image on to some scrap paper, I use sticky notes because it is already sticky and it won't make a mess on your project. Cut around the image, leaving as little space around it as possible.











Then stick this over the stamped image on your project.
                                                                                                                     
Take the image that you would like in the background, here it is the stem and leaves also from the 'Sweetheart' set. Stamp over the top of the first image. Peel the sticky off and you will be left with the second image behind the first.
                                                                                                                      


The next method allows you to keep the colour of the base card and change the colour of the surrounding card. It is a very basic technique.

 First cut out the shapes you want to mask.
Place on your card where you would like them, I have used some repostionable just to keep them in place.
Using your chosen ink, colour over the top of the shapes.  You can use which ever technique you like for this, I used a blending tool.  Once you have finished with the colour, peel the shapes away and you are left with the effect in the photo at the top of this post.

I hope you give these techniques a try.



The products I have used:

Top Note Die
Sweetheart Stamp set
Real Red ink
Lucky Limeade ink
Concord Crush ink
Basic Black ink
Beautiful Butterflies Die
Tempting Turquiose ink
Pacific Point ink


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, they are all appreciated!